Friday, May 22, 2009

The other white meat


My Husband loves pork. I'm pretty sure I made it every possible way from every recipe I have ever seen. I personally get tired of eating the same thing over and over. I always try to change stuff up and never cook the same thing twice in two months. The only recipes i will ever repeat are ones I love. This one is a new addition to my experiment box and we both really enjoyed it.

Its got the right amount of tang from the ginger, the perfect amount of spice and great sweet flavors from the fruits.

As you know it is the day after Memorial day. I am beat. ***insert cute and witty post about my life here***




Apple & Pear Glazed Pork Chop


2 Pork Tenderloin Chops
1 Cup of Flour
2 Apples
2 Pears
1 Cup Pear Nectar
1/2 cup of Raisins
1/2 Cup of Toasted Pine Nuts
2 tsp ground Ginger
1 tablespoon Chile pepper flakes
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
Sunflower oil

prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min


Coat the Pork chops in Flour and set aside.


In a saute pot add the sunflower oil, apples, pears, pear nectar, raisins, pine nuts, soy sauce, ginger & Chile pepper flakes. Over low heat saute until the juices have reduced and the pears and apples are cooked through. (about 10-15 minutes).

Transfer to a separate bowl





Lightly coat the same saute pan with Olive Oil.


When it is hot add the pork chops and sear until golden brown on both sides. About 3 minutes per side.






Return the apple and pear mixture to the pan and cook on medium-low until the pork chops reach their proper temperature. Depending how thick your chops are this will take anywhere from 15 min +







No comments:

Post a Comment