Monday, July 27, 2009

A light take on Heavy


I have been tyring to make a very conscious effort into becoming healthier. I always cook with fresh ingredients and everything is made from scratch. Then it hits me. The dreaded Alfredo Sauce craving.

This recipe came to me one night when I was craving an oooey gooey Alfredo sauce. Thank god I just got off the phone with my travel agent and booked a tropical getaway. With the thought of frolicking around on a beach, in a bikini, with a tropical drink in my hand I couldn't make it. So I listened to my brain, not my stomach, and improvised a spin off of my insanely fattening and heart clogging Alfredo sauce (my first blog entry ever).

I really liked it....and so did my husband. It really hit the spot and was a nice light meal. Usually after eating Alfredo sauce I feel so bogged down. I just want to sit on the couch and not move. After this I felt light and satisfied. I might even do the unthinkable- Never make traditional Alfredo sauce again. My mother would be so proud!

Light Alfredo with Spinach Ravioli
8oz Marsarpone Cheese
1/2 can (about 8 oz) Chicken Broth
1 small onion, diced
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Pinch of Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
A hand full of fresh parsley, chopped
1lb of Spinach Ravioli (any kind of pasta is fine)
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes

Cook your raviolis in salted water until they are just under Al'dente. Drain. Drizzle with Olive oil and toss.
In a non-coated pan heat the Olive Oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the Marscarpone cheese, Broth and spices. Whisk together until the cheese is dissolved.
Pour over the Ravioli, Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy. Quick. Easy. Simply

No comments:

Post a Comment