Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It happens to the best of us


Fail. Big Fail.

The idea was good. The thought was cute. The final product should have stayed an idea in my head.
I have an unhealthy relationship with buffalo wings. I love them. I crave them at least once a week. There is something about the spicy red sauce and the creamy cold blue cheese that goes together better than Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I wanted to come up with a way that I could make buffalo wings a main dish without feeling like I am at T.G.I.Fridays. Buffalo wing casserole I thought to myself. Sounds amazing right? Well it was pretty good but it was just way too much Buffalo wing taste for a main dish. I never thought that could happen. It was a really intense big huge bowl of Buffalo wing casserole. I guess that was the point of it so in a way it did work out great. But I will stick to my standard Buffalo Wings from now on. If you want a big ole bowl of buffalo wing tasting casserole then by all means you will enjoy this dish. I guess I'm a more traditional snack food person.
Buffalo Wing Casserole:
1.5 lbs of boneless buffalo wings (either homemade or frozen)
3 cup of cooked white rice
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup of Hot Sauce
Buffalo Wings:
1.5 lbs of boneless chicken cut into bite sized pieces
Flour
1 tsp of Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of Hot Sauce
Mix the flour, pepper and paprika. Dip the chicken pieces in the buttermilk and then the flour mixture. Then Bake or Fry until Cooked through. Melt the butter and in a sauce pan and whisk in the hot sauce. Coat the cooked chicken with this mixture and you have buffalo wings.

Combine the Rice, Hot Sauce and Cream of Chicken together in a Casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Top with Boneless buffalo wings and Blue Cheese dressing.

***hangs head in shame***

No comments:

Post a Comment