Monday, June 15, 2009

One Tequilla...Two Tequilla...Three Tequilla...FLOOR

There is something about Seafood that I love. I can eat seafood every single day and never get tired of it. There are so many different fishes to Choose from and so many distinct flavors. The Flavor combinations are endless. Same goes for tequila!!! Ok maybe not but work with me on this.

This is my first shot at tequila fish. I've seen it dozens of times on menus and I've always been curious to dry it. Low and behold my Darling Husband come home from work with a nice bottle of Tequila. I love his job. His clients bring him booze all the time. I have a fully stocked liquor and wine cabinet thanks to his job. On top of him taking their money, he also get free liquor and goodies. Ahhh the good life.

That night I was listening to the radio and the most bizarre song came on. I love this song, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I've ever heard it on the Radio before. So there I am dancing and singing around the kitchen with my dogs howling along on Que. To an outsider it would look like they were just telling me to shut up but my sweet angels were just singing with their mama. In walks in my Husband...Tequila in hand. That is my inspiration to this recipe.

You put the lime in the coconut and drank them both up, I say WOOOWOOO aint there nothing you can take?

...............you such a silly woman! Put the lime in the coconut........



Coconut Tequila Monk Fish


4 Pieces of Monk Fish (any other fish will do, I want to try shrimp next time)
1/2 cup of Tequila
1 Can of Coconut Milk
2 limes (one sliced, one juice and zested)
1 tablespoon of Butter
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Marinade time: Minimum of 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes

Mix the Coconut milk, Tequila, Lime Juice and Zest in a large bowl. Add fish and let it marinade for at least 30 minutes.


In a Skillet melt the butter and add the fish. Sear on all sides then add the Coconut mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the Lime Slices on top. Cook through for about 15 minutes.

You can also Grill the fish separately. Make sure that you put the Coconut mixture in a small pan to cook out any of the raw fish juices.

To serve this dish make sure you add the cooked marinade on top with a sprinkle of lime zest.

I have a side of spinach with this dish. Just saute some fresh spinach with some Olive Oil, garlic and Salt & Pepper until the spinach is wilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment